Ozow is the easy, premium, automated EFT solution that can be done in seconds while staying Ozow secure. Merchants can initiate Ozow payments through a variety of payment platforms such as SMS, eCommerce, eBilling or QR Code. The customer experience is enhanced through Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure features which ultimately benefits both the consumer and the seller.
Electronic funds transfer (EFT) is the electronic transfer of money from one bank account to another, either within a single bank or across multiple banks, through computer-based systems and without the direct intervention of the bank’s staff. Instant/Automated EFT is a type of payment service that allows you to pay via EFT, without the inconvenience of a waiting period, and in some cases additional fees.
- Select Ozow as your payment option during checkout.
- Select your bank from the list presented.
- Log in to your online banking using your online banking credentials.
- Select an account to pay from.
- Your bank will send you a form of payment authentication either by means of SMS, USSD Push message or In-App authorisation.
- Once you have successfully authorised your payment, the transaction is marked as complete.
- Ozow sends a notification to the merchant on the outcome of the transaction and in turn, the merchant will process your order immediately.
Our Thawte Certificate enables Ozow to offer the utmost levels of security to merchants and customers alike, ensuring that all messages travelling between the browser and Ozow are encrypted. Also, Ozow trusted and verified sites present a green notification flag in their address bar, so customers do not have to be concerned about whether their information can be accessed or viewed. Thus through Ozow, online payment processing is safe and secure. Confidence and trust between merchants and customers are built and secured based on one of the most consistent network infrastructures available.
Ozow can process Instant EFTs with customers who have an account with one of South Africa’s major banks, namely ABSA, African Bank, Bidvest Bank Grow Account, Capitec, FNB, Nedbank, Investec, Standard Bank and Tyme Bank.
Customers can expect:
- A fast-tracked shopping experience, meaning your goods can get to you Ozow much faster.
- A hassle-free payment method that does not require registration nor your credit/debit card.
- An Ozow secure shopping experience, due to two-factor authentication. Paying through Ozow is also more secure than paying with a credit card or eWallet.
- All other payment information that the bank requires for the transfer is already populated for you, making Ozow’s payment method just Ozow convenient.
Merchants can expect:
- A fast-tracked order process, meaning you can receive money in your bank account Ozow quickly, allowing you to dispatch goods Ozow much faster.
- A simple, hassle-free payment method for your customers resulting in less abandoned carts, more happy customers and overall, increased sales.
- An Ozow secure shopping experience, due to two-factor authentication. Receiving payments through Ozow is more secure for your customers than them having to pay with a credit card or eWallet.
For consumers, there is no registration required. With Ozow, you can make payments easily and securely, without registering whatsoever. All you need is an online banking account with confidential login details and a payment confirmation code procedure such as OTPs, in-app authorisation, etc. Just make Ozow sure that you are registered for internet banking with your bank, so you can use your internet banking details to pay through Ozow.
For merchants, you can register to integrate Ozow here
Through our Ozow secure online payments service, customers are able to keep all personal and financial information and data safe, thereby significantly lowering the opportunity for Identity theft and fraud to occur online. Ozow has experienced a 0% fraud rate since it’s inception.
Ozow can be used across any smart mobile device or computer, so long as there is an internet connection.
You can pay using your credit account, but NOT your credit card. Your credit card is a physical key that links to your credit account. Because Ozow directs you to all your accounts via your internet banking profile, the need for a physical card is bypassed, allowing you to access your credit account directly.
Merchant On-boarding Frequently Asked Questions
- Applicable to all Registered Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and Non-Profit Organisations (NPOs)
- Applicable to all new Emerging Micro Enterprises (EMEs) with up to R10m Annual Turnover and Qualifying Small Enterprises (QSEs) with R10m to R50m Annual Turnover
- Applicable to existing, post-Ozow Entrepreneurial Merchants and new Generic Enterprises (over R50m Annual Turnover)
Ozow facilitates bank to bank payments. Meaning, the money goes from the payers account into your merchant account and a real-time notification from the bank is sent to the payer, while a payment confirmation is sent to the merchant. Depending on the integration type, reserves may apply to the money received into your account, or only to specific payment types that you, the merchant and Ozow has agreed upon.
The payment confirmation is in real-time; however, the normal banking rules apply where the physical monies may reflect in 24 – 48 hours depending on the originating bank and the target bank.
No, the payer only needs to have a registered internet banking account with any of the supported banks.
This can take up to 3 hours to 2 working days
You will receive your login credentials once you have registered your Ozow merchant account with us.
There is no monthly subscriptions or activation and deactivation fees. Only pay a percentage of your successful transaction value processed by Ozow. The fees are subject to change, should you enable other Ozow products such as Refunds, Point of Sale, e-Commerce, Tokenization and more.
Yes, you can have multiple Ozow accounts sharing one bank account. Ozow will also cater for the reconciliation as each Ozow account will be labelled differently on your bank statement. The unique label (reference prefix) will ease the tracing of payments done via Ozow.
Yes, you can have multiple bank accounts sharing one Ozow merchant account. Ozow will link the bank accounts accordingly.